Fire crews attend Harpenden house fire

Fire in Huntingdon High Street

Fire in Huntingdon High Street - Credit: Archant

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a Harpenden house blaze this morning after an electric adapter overheated.

The fire broke out at the Meadway home just after half four when the appliance, which was next to an immersion heater, began to melt in an airing cupboard.

Redbourn fire station’s watch commander said the damage to the home could have been much worse had the resident not had a smoke alarm.

Crews spent around 45 minutes extinguishing the flames.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter