Fire crews attend Harpenden house fire

PUBLISHED: 10:42 11 July 2013 | UPDATED: 10:42 11 July 2013

Fire in Huntingdon High Street

Fire in Huntingdon High Street

Archant

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a Harpenden house blaze this morning after an electric adapter overheated.

The fire broke out at the Meadway home just after half four when the appliance, which was next to an immersion heater, began to melt in an airing cupboard.

Redbourn fire station’s watch commander said the damage to the home could have been much worse had the resident not had a smoke alarm.

Crews spent around 45 minutes extinguishing the flames.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad. Coronavirus is one of the greatest challenges our community has ever faced, but if we all play our part we will defeat it. We're here to serve as your advocate and trusted source of local information.

In these testing times, your support is more important than ever. Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Herts Advertiser