Fire breaks out in St Albans home

PUBLISHED: 10:07 07 March 2011

Fire engine

Fire engine

Archant

A BLAZE started in the kitchen of a St Albans home yesterday (Sunday) afternoon.

Firefighters from St Albans fire station were called to the scene in Vicarage Close, near St Peter’s Church, at around 1pm.

On arrival they found that a fire had broken out in the gas oven in the kitchen of the home, which had two adults and a child inside.

The crew isolated the gas and electricity supplies and put out the blaze before taking the appliance outside and checking it over with a thermal imaging camera to ensure that the fire was completely out. It is thought that a fault in the oven caused the blaze.

The cooker was destroyed but the remainder of the kitchen had only minimal heat and smoke damage.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Herts Advertiser. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Herts Advertiser