Fire at Harvester restaurant in St Albans

STAFF members had to be treated for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out at the Harvester restaurant in St Albans at the weekend.

Fire crews were called to the restaurant, on Harpenden Road, shortly before 11am on Sunday, following reports of a grill fire.

Two sets of breathing apparatus and one hose reel were used to tackle the blaze, which was extinguished by 11.25am.

Two members of staff were treated for smoke inhalation having tried to tackle the flames themselves.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus