Fire at Harvester restaurant in St Albans

PUBLISHED: 11:17 13 February 2012

Fire engine

Fire engine

Archant

STAFF members had to be treated for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out at the Harvester restaurant in St Albans at the weekend.

Fire crews were called to the restaurant, on Harpenden Road, shortly before 11am on Sunday, following reports of a grill fire.

Two sets of breathing apparatus and one hose reel were used to tackle the blaze, which was extinguished by 11.25am.

Two members of staff were treated for smoke inhalation having tried to tackle the flames themselves.

If you value what this gives you, please consider supporting our work. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad. Coronavirus is one of the greatest challenges our community has ever faced, but if we all play our part we will defeat it. We're here to serve as your advocate and trusted source of local information.

In these testing times, your support is more important than ever. Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Herts Advertiser