Fire at block of flats in St Albans

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a block of flats in St Albans following a fire in an electrical intake cupboard.

The tenants of Vita House, in Charrington Place, had to be evacuated after the blaze broke out on the first floor.

Firecrews were at the scene around 45 minutes putting it out before people were allowed inside again.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter