Fire at block of flats in St Albans

PUBLISHED: 10:58 06 December 2012

Fire engine

Fire engine

Archant

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a block of flats in St Albans following a fire in an electrical intake cupboard.

The tenants of Vita House, in Charrington Place, had to be evacuated after the blaze broke out on the first floor.

Firecrews were at the scene around 45 minutes putting it out before people were allowed inside again.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad. Coronavirus is one of the greatest challenges our community has ever faced, but if we all play our part we will defeat it. We're here to serve as your advocate and trusted source of local information.

In these testing times, your support is more important than ever. Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Herts Advertiser