Fire at angling club in St Albans

St Albans Fire Station

St Albans Fire Station - Credit: Archant

A diesel generator burst into flames at Verulam Angling Club in St Albans overnight.

Crew Commander Jules Tasker, St Albans Fire Station, said that two fire engines attended the blaze at the Riverside Road site at 10pm yesterday (Tuesday), with fire fighters donning breathing apparatus before tackling the blaze.

He said the generator which powers the angling club’s lights, located in an outbuilding, caught fire because of an electrical short.

It took about 20 minutes to extinguish the fire, the cause of which was accidental.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus