Find out more about planning issues in Harpenden at special meeting
- Credit: Archant
The complex and controversial issue of planning for future development is the focus of a public meeting in Harpenden.
Mike Carver, who recently retired as chairman of the East Herts district planning executive panel, has agreed to speak at the meeting organised by The Harpenden Society in Park Hall next Thursday.
A spokesman for the town’s civic society explained that, “trying to translate national planning policy into a working local plan is proving ever more difficult, as all who live in Harpenden well know with the ongoing delays by St Albans district council in its implementation of the area’s Strategic Local Plan.
“There is a danger that delays in finalising the plan can lead to uncontrolled development, Green Belt erosion and unplanned infrastructure – it’s no wonder your ordinary resident is confused.”
Mike Carver will help people understand such complex issues through his talk on ‘Local Plans – Real or Unreal?’
You may also want to watch:
Entrance is free to the meeting, which is being held on Thursday October 8, with doors open from 7.30pm, for an 8pm start.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall