Filming planned for St Albans’ city centre
- Credit: citizenside.com
ST ALBANS city centre will come to life on Sunday (24) when a national television commercial is filmed for a UK insurance company.
There will be plenty of cameras, an abundance of lights and loads of action as More Th>n (sic) brings a parade to the city centre to recreate a quintessentially British street party.
Janet Connor, managing director of More Th>n, said: “We’re really looking forward to filming our new advert in St Albans.
“It’s quite a parade we’ve got planned and I’m sure those that turn up will definitely have a lot of fun.”
The commercial is based around a procession including a giant teapot, giant biscuit tin and brass band, starting at 11am outside Reiss in Market Place, which will make its way to the old town hall.
You may also want to watch:
Live music, face painters and usherettes will be handing out treats to members of the public.
Janet said that St Albans was chosen as a venue for the shoot because of the “attractiveness” of St Albans’ city centre, and a number of the company’s customers live in the area.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 St Albans Food and Drink Festival returns at last!
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
She added: “Those that turn up to enjoy the parade should keep a close eye on their TVs on the evening of Monday March 18 when they could see themselves on national television as the ad is broadcast for the first time.”