Filming planned for St Albans’ city centre
- Credit: citizenside.com
ST ALBANS city centre will come to life on Sunday (24) when a national television commercial is filmed for a UK insurance company.
There will be plenty of cameras, an abundance of lights and loads of action as More Th>n (sic) brings a parade to the city centre to recreate a quintessentially British street party.
Janet Connor, managing director of More Th>n, said: “We’re really looking forward to filming our new advert in St Albans.
“It’s quite a parade we’ve got planned and I’m sure those that turn up will definitely have a lot of fun.”
The commercial is based around a procession including a giant teapot, giant biscuit tin and brass band, starting at 11am outside Reiss in Market Place, which will make its way to the old town hall.
You may also want to watch:
Live music, face painters and usherettes will be handing out treats to members of the public.
Janet said that St Albans was chosen as a venue for the shoot because of the “attractiveness” of St Albans’ city centre, and a number of the company’s customers live in the area.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
She added: “Those that turn up to enjoy the parade should keep a close eye on their TVs on the evening of Monday March 18 when they could see themselves on national television as the ad is broadcast for the first time.”