Film staring Pamela Anderson, Dev Patel and Ed Westwick shot in St Albans
SCENES for a short film staring Hollywood A-listers including Baywatch babe Pamela Anderson, Slumdog Millionaire actor Dev Patel (pictured) and Gossip Girl hearthrob Ed Westwick were shot in St Albans this week.
The film crew working on The Commuter, which is being shot entirely with a HD video camera on the Nokia N8 mobile phone, filmed outside the Royston Club in College Road and in the city centre on Monday.
The film is being directed by one of the UK’s hottest up-and-coming directorial pairings, the McHenry Brothers, who have just finished work on their first feature length film called Jack Boots on Whitehall featuring Ewan McGregor, Rosamund Pike, Richard E Grant and Timothy Spall.
The Royston Club was turned into a post office for the filming and a prop bus stop was erected outside. There was also a replica firearm on set for part of the filming that required the crew to have a police officer present.
The film – most of which is being shot in London – will be showcased at a star-studded premiere in October.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more visit Facebook www.facebook.com/nokia.uk and Twitter www.twitter.com/nokia_uk
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 4 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 9 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common
- 10 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure