Film staring Pamela Anderson, Dev Patel and Ed Westwick shot in St Albans
SCENES for a short film staring Hollywood A-listers including Baywatch babe Pamela Anderson, Slumdog Millionaire actor Dev Patel (pictured) and Gossip Girl hearthrob Ed Westwick were shot in St Albans this week.
The film crew working on The Commuter, which is being shot entirely with a HD video camera on the Nokia N8 mobile phone, filmed outside the Royston Club in College Road and in the city centre on Monday.
The film is being directed by one of the UK’s hottest up-and-coming directorial pairings, the McHenry Brothers, who have just finished work on their first feature length film called Jack Boots on Whitehall featuring Ewan McGregor, Rosamund Pike, Richard E Grant and Timothy Spall.
The Royston Club was turned into a post office for the filming and a prop bus stop was erected outside. There was also a replica firearm on set for part of the filming that required the crew to have a police officer present.
The film – most of which is being shot in London – will be showcased at a star-studded premiere in October.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more visit Facebook www.facebook.com/nokia.uk and Twitter www.twitter.com/nokia_uk
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 5 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 6 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 7 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 8 Mouth of the Tyne: St Albans City don't do lower league opposition but keep bringing them on
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Look! Sneak peek inside Harpenden's new Eric Morecambe Centre