Fighting-fit OAPs still going strong at 90
THREE fighting fit OAPs from St Albans celebrated their 90th birthdays with a work-out last week. Micki Brade, Olivia Aquire and Molly Morley are all members of EXTEND, a Movement to Music class for the over-60s which has been running in St Albans and Wh
THREE fighting fit OAPs from St Albans celebrated their 90th birthdays with a work-out last week.
Micki Brade, Olivia Aquire and Molly Morley are all members of EXTEND, a Movement to Music class for the over-60s which has been running in St Albans and Wheathampstead for more than 30 years.
Dance teacher Judy Holpin, aged 70, has known her 90-year-old keep fitters for at least 20 years and to commemorate their birthdays - which were all within six weeks of each other - she threw a party for them at her Wheathampstead class last week.
The youngest of the three, Mrs Brade, turned 90 on Saturday and she has been going to the Wheathampstead class for 20 years and regularly goes on EXTEND holidays with fellow members from all over England.
You may also want to watch:
Said Mrs Holpin, who set up both the St Albans and Wheathampstead classes: "Micki is always lively and has a smile for everyone. She, Olivia and Molly had a great time at the party. There was cake and exercise!"
Mrs Holpin's Wheathampstead class is already oversubscribed but she said that there were still spaces at her St Albans class: "We get a lot of women coming along which is great but I would love to see a few more men at my classes!"
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 4 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 5 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 8 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 9 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 10 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
To find out more about EXTEND classes, ring Mrs Holpin on 01582 834494.