Female presenters to take over Radio Verulam for International Women’s Day
- Credit: Archant
Women are taking over the airwaves in honour of International Women’s Day.
Radio Verulam’s female presenters will be taking over the station all day on Wednesday, March 8, between 6am and 10pm. Throughout the day, all presenters, guests and vocalists will be female.
Features will include interviews with the Women’s Equality Party, reports from the women’s marches on January 21 and a guest apperance from local author Jane Turley.
Presenter Rosie McLeod, who organised the day’s programming, said: “I’ve loved overseeing the station’s content for the day.
“Tune in and let us show you just how well women can perform in an industry in which we are so often overlooked.”
You may also want to watch:
Listeners can tune in on 92,6FM locally or via the website at www.radioverulam.com
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Green light given to new hospital project
- 7 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 8 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved