Female presenters to take over Radio Verulam for International Women’s Day
- Credit: Archant
Women are taking over the airwaves in honour of International Women’s Day.
Radio Verulam’s female presenters will be taking over the station all day on Wednesday, March 8, between 6am and 10pm. Throughout the day, all presenters, guests and vocalists will be female.
Features will include interviews with the Women’s Equality Party, reports from the women’s marches on January 21 and a guest apperance from local author Jane Turley.
Presenter Rosie McLeod, who organised the day’s programming, said: “I’ve loved overseeing the station’s content for the day.
“Tune in and let us show you just how well women can perform in an industry in which we are so often overlooked.”
You may also want to watch:
Listeners can tune in on 92,6FM locally or via the website at www.radioverulam.com
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 8 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 A New York state of mind