Female jogger shaken after ‘man pulls her towards him by her neck’ in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A young woman who was jogging in St Albans on Saturday (9) has been ‘left shaken’ after a man grabbed her from behind.
The man is said to have put his arm around the 23-year-old’s neck and tried to pull her towards him on Jersey Lane at about 7.30pm, but the woman screamed and managed to get away.
He left in an unknown direction from the footpath on Sandringham Crescent.
The man is described as white, aged between 40 and 50, between 5ft 8 and 6ft tall and of athletic build with broad shoulders. He was wearing a dark coloured hooded top with the hood up and black gloves.
Det Cons Amy Dixon, who is investigating, said: “Thankfully the woman was not injured during the incident but has understandably been left shaken by what happened. We are doing all we can to trace the person responsible and have increased patrols in the area. It is currently being treated as an isolated incident.
“I would like to hear from anyone who may have seen someone matching the description given acting suspiciously in the area.
“I would also like to take this opportunity to remind people to take simple steps to help keep themselves safe while out and about. Try and stick to busy areas and go jogging with a friend if possible.”
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 3 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 6 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 7 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
- 8 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 9 St Albans care teams win big at annual awards ceremony
- 10 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
If you have any information please contact police on the non-emergency number 101 or anonymously call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.