Female jogger shaken after ‘man pulls her towards him by her neck’ in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A young woman who was jogging in St Albans on Saturday (9) has been ‘left shaken’ after a man grabbed her from behind.
The man is said to have put his arm around the 23-year-old’s neck and tried to pull her towards him on Jersey Lane at about 7.30pm, but the woman screamed and managed to get away.
He left in an unknown direction from the footpath on Sandringham Crescent.
The man is described as white, aged between 40 and 50, between 5ft 8 and 6ft tall and of athletic build with broad shoulders. He was wearing a dark coloured hooded top with the hood up and black gloves.
Det Cons Amy Dixon, who is investigating, said: “Thankfully the woman was not injured during the incident but has understandably been left shaken by what happened. We are doing all we can to trace the person responsible and have increased patrols in the area. It is currently being treated as an isolated incident.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to hear from anyone who may have seen someone matching the description given acting suspiciously in the area.
“I would also like to take this opportunity to remind people to take simple steps to help keep themselves safe while out and about. Try and stick to busy areas and go jogging with a friend if possible.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 9 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
If you have any information please contact police on the non-emergency number 101 or anonymously call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.