Fears over changes of use on Napsbury Lane trading estate near to homes
- Credit: Archant
Scores of objections have greeted two more planning applications for change of use of units on a trading estate which are very close to homes.
Cllr Robert Donald has called in the two bids - one from CAD Stairs and the other from Citygate - to a St Albans council planning committee tonight.
And worried residents living close to the North Orbital Trading Estate in Napsbury Lane will be hoping that in both instances, councillors overturn their officers’ recommendation to approve the schemes.
CAD wants to change the use of its premises on the trading estate from warehouse and storage to general industrial while Citygate, which lost an appeal in the summer against the refusal of permission for a similar change, is applying to change warehouse and storage to a mixed use, including an office and general industrial, the construction of external ducting and a single-storey extension to provide a jet wash booth.
Residents, particularly those living in and around Meadowcroft and New Barnes Lane, maintain they have suffered noise and noxious fumes as a result of the activities at both units.
You may also want to watch:
They contend that until CAD and Citygate moved in, they had no issues with noise or disturbance because the trading estate was designated for warehouse and distribution use only.
But in both cases, planning officers maintain that provided the two companies comply with conditions on issues such as hours of use and work taking place outside the premises, they are acceptable.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Mouth of the Tyne: St Albans City don't do lower league opposition but keep bringing them on
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Revealed: The most popular places in Hertfordshire to move to