Fears over changes of use on Napsbury Lane trading estate near to homes
- Credit: Archant
Scores of objections have greeted two more planning applications for change of use of units on a trading estate which are very close to homes.
Cllr Robert Donald has called in the two bids - one from CAD Stairs and the other from Citygate - to a St Albans council planning committee tonight.
And worried residents living close to the North Orbital Trading Estate in Napsbury Lane will be hoping that in both instances, councillors overturn their officers’ recommendation to approve the schemes.
CAD wants to change the use of its premises on the trading estate from warehouse and storage to general industrial while Citygate, which lost an appeal in the summer against the refusal of permission for a similar change, is applying to change warehouse and storage to a mixed use, including an office and general industrial, the construction of external ducting and a single-storey extension to provide a jet wash booth.
Residents, particularly those living in and around Meadowcroft and New Barnes Lane, maintain they have suffered noise and noxious fumes as a result of the activities at both units.
You may also want to watch:
They contend that until CAD and Citygate moved in, they had no issues with noise or disturbance because the trading estate was designated for warehouse and distribution use only.
But in both cases, planning officers maintain that provided the two companies comply with conditions on issues such as hours of use and work taking place outside the premises, they are acceptable.
- 1 Injunction served on Redbourn site to prevent any development
- 2 Hundreds of trees felled on Green Belt site 'to make way for travellers camp'
- 3 PTA gifts a bear to more than 300 pupils to commemorate return to school
- 4 'Out of touch' government demands more houses in St Albans
- 5 The latest court results from the St Albans area
- 6 Man assaulted in 'unprovoked attack in broad daylight' in St Albans
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Hertfordshire village of Knebworth
- 8 What's happening with district's vaccine supplies? St Albans MP is seeking answers
- 9 Which areas of St Albans district have seen the most people vaccinated?
- 10 Man in his 40s dies after crash between bus and car