Faulty washing machine causes house fire

PUBLISHED: 12:18 08 December 2008 | UPDATED: 13:46 06 May 2010

A FAULTY washing machine caused a fire to break out in a kitchen at the weekend. Firefighters were called to a house in Gurney Court Road in St Albans just after midday on Saturday after a smoke alarm alerted the three occupants to the blaze. They escaped

A FAULTY washing machine caused a fire to break out in a kitchen at the weekend.

Firefighters were called to a house in Gurney Court Road in St Albans just after midday on Saturday after a smoke alarm alerted the three occupants to the blaze.

They escaped without injury and the two fire crews from St Albans soon put out the fire.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Herts Advertiser. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Herts Advertiser