Faulty oven blamed for kitchen fire

PUBLISHED: 15:46 24 November 2008 | UPDATED: 13:46 06 May 2010

A FAULTY electric oven caused a fire in a kitchen yesterday (Sunday) evening. Firefighters were called to the property in The Ridgeway, St Albans, at around 7.30pm where they found the oven had set fire to the vinyl flooring beneath. A crew from St Alban

A FAULTY electric oven caused a fire in a kitchen yesterday (Sunday) evening.

Firefighters were called to the property in The Ridgeway, St Albans, at around 7.30pm where they found the oven had set fire to the vinyl flooring beneath.

A crew from St Albans dealt with the incident and moved the oven to douse the flooring.

More news stories

Yesterday, 17:00

Unseen work by a successful artist has been discovered and published by her son after her passing.

Yesterday, 12:00

A St Albans man is hoping to raise over £200 for charity through a Christmas lights display.

Yesterday, 09:00

A thief from St Albans who used multiple aliases was given a suspended sentence for stealing from and damaging cars.

Fri, 15:51

A London Colney primary school went the extra mile for its nativity play by including a real donkey and baby.

CountryPhile

I should probably have taken the hint! Walking out into the garden recently an unprecedented flock of thirty or more crows raucously greeted me from the treetops at the bottom of my garden. Cawing and croaking these big, black birds clung clumsily to the top most branches and twigs, jostling and flapping to stay balanced in a constant flurry of feathers. There is always something ominous about crows – they are after all carrion crows, the vultures of the bird world – always watching for scraps and weakness that might mean their next meal.

Digital Edition

Image
Read the The Herts Advertiser e-edition E-edition
Zoo Watch CountryPhile

Newsletter Sign Up

Herts Advertiser weekly newsletter
Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Most read stories

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists

Herts Most Wanted Herts Business Awards