Out of this world! Harpenden father-daughter duo set to release debut sci-fi novel
- Credit: Archant
A Hertfordshire father-daughter duo are set to release their debut sci-fi novel next month.
Adam and Harriet Frosh, who live in Harpenden, have worked on their action-packed alternate history book for two years, after dreaming up the story sitting in a KFC drive-thru.
Adam said: “Harriet pointed out a black, London style taxi cab that was in the parking bay and remarked, ‘What’s a black cab doing all the way out here?’
In a Star Wars-themed response, Adam replied: “Out here in space...”
From there, the two began imagining a story featuring a Robert de Niro-type New York cab driver with alien passengers.
You may also want to watch:
Outside their novel-writing ventures, Dr Frosh is a consultant ear, nose and throat surgeon at the Lister Hospital and Harriet, an English student at the University of Nottingham.
She said: “I still can’t believe that what started as a fun idea in a drive through has turned into a reality, and the finished book looks amazing.” Space Taxis is available from Barnes & Nobel, Amazon and Waterstones from November 6.
- 1 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash