Fatality at St Albans station - UPDATE
ST ALBANS City Station is currently closed, following a fatality on the Thameslink line this morning (Thursday).
Emergency services were called to the scene shorty after 9.50am, following reports of a man being struck by a train.
He was prounounced dead at the scene by paramedics.
A spokesperson for British Transport Police said: “Officers are currently working to establish the man’s identity and inform his next of kin.
“The incident is currently being treated as non-suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner.”
You may also want to watch:
The train involved was the Lincoln Central to St Pancras service.
The station was evactuated and all lines are currently blocked, but replacement bus services have been put in place.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall