Fatality at St Albans station - UPDATE
ST ALBANS City Station is currently closed, following a fatality on the Thameslink line this morning (Thursday).
Emergency services were called to the scene shorty after 9.50am, following reports of a man being struck by a train.
He was prounounced dead at the scene by paramedics.
A spokesperson for British Transport Police said: “Officers are currently working to establish the man’s identity and inform his next of kin.
“The incident is currently being treated as non-suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner.”
You may also want to watch:
The train involved was the Lincoln Central to St Pancras service.
The station was evactuated and all lines are currently blocked, but replacement bus services have been put in place.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25