Family tribute to son killed in crash
THE family of a motorcyclist who died in a collision with a car have paid tribute to their son. Sam Read, aged 21, who worked for his dad at Rhys Davis Haulage in Radlett, was killed when his Honda 125cc motorbike collided with a blue Rover 600 in Darkes
THE family of a motorcyclist who died in a collision with a car have paid tribute to their son.
Sam Read, aged 21, who worked for his dad at Rhys Davis Haulage in Radlett, was killed when his Honda 125cc motorbike collided with a blue Rover 600 in Darkes Lane, Potters Bar, at around 11.15pm last Friday, March 7.
He was taken to the QEII Hospital in Welwyn Garden City and was later transferred to the Royal Free in London where he died as a result of his injuries on Monday, March 10.
Sam lived with his dad Tony, brother Joe, aged 23, and best friend Daniel Galloway in Potters Bar. A devoted Spurs fan who was at the Carling Cup Final, he loved socialising and last summer travelled to Egypt with a group of friends.
You may also want to watch:
His mum Julie, who lives in Cheshunt with his sisters Lauren, aged 16, and Lucy, 18, said they had been overwhelmed with messages of support from friends and colleagues.
The family described Sam as a "sociable, generous and popular" son and a brother who loved life.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 9 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 10 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
Joe added: "He was a really loveable guy whom we love and miss immensely.