Family escape from blaze which destroys car

A FAMILY of three escaped uninjured from a blaze which destroyed a sports car in the early hours of this morning (Monday). Three teams of firefighters spent 30 minutes bringing the blaze under control at the detached house in Watford Road, Radlett, at 1.5

A FAMILY of three escaped uninjured from a blaze which destroyed a sports car in the early hours of this morning (Monday).

Three teams of firefighters spent 30 minutes bringing the blaze under control at the detached house in Watford Road, Radlett, at 1.50am.

Four firefighters using breathing apparatus and a jet were able to limit the fire to the garage and save house. It appears that the family were awakened by their fire alarm as the flames burnt underneath a bedroom. By the time the fire service arrived they were safely outside.

The fire is believed to have been accidental, possibly caused by a vehicle battery charger left on overnight.


You may also want to watch:


Firefighters remained on the scene until 3am.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus