Fallback provision for St Albans housing repairs
EMERGENCY repairs to council housing in the district will continue following last week’s announcement that maintenance contractors Rok had gone into administration.
Rok is one of two companies the district council has been using to undertake general and emergency repairs to council-owned homes and arrangements have been made for emergency work to be carried out as normal.
The council has also been in contact with housing tenants expecting routine repairs to be undertaken by Rok this week in order to make alternative arrangements for them.
Rok was appointed in November last year to carry out housing maintenance work for the council but only 12 months later, the company went into administration.
Karen Dragovic, head of housing at the council, said: “Because the council uses a number of contractors to undertake repairs and other maintenance work we have been able to put in place contingency plans.
You may also want to watch:
“Emergency repairs are being carried out as usual and we are also now working hard to ensure that the full repairs service is running with minimum disruption.”
Residents with questions relating to outstanding repairs should contact the council’s customer services team on 01727 819256.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Coursers Road, London Colney: Trailer flips over
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development