Fake 'policemen' burgle elderly Frogmore woman's house
THREE burglars claimed to be policemen when they raided a terrified 88-year-old woman s house this morning (Thursday). The culprits gained entry to the house in Frogmore through an unlocked back door after climbing over the garden fence at between 8.15am
THREE burglars claimed to be policemen when they raided a terrified 88-year-old woman's house this morning (Thursday).
The culprits gained entry to the house in Frogmore through an unlocked back door after climbing over the garden fence at between 8.15am and 8.25am.
When the elderly woman challenged the men, they told her they were policemen carrying out a search of the property and continued to ransack the house.
But they are only thought to have stolen a small amount of change before they made off in a vehicle in the direction of Radlett.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesperson said: "In almost all cases, police officers will be wearing full uniform and will identify themselves by producing a warrant card. Plain-clothed police officers will not mind waiting whilst you call to check their identities.
Anyone with any information about the burglary is asked to contact the police on 0845 33 00 222 quoting crime reference number F3/09/2090.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 8 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 9 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe