Face painting prize gives Harpenden party some extra pizzazz
- Credit: Archant
Dinosaurs, tigers and princesses made a birthday party extra special for little Sid Montgomery - thanks to Harpenden Carnival.
For after entering the Southdown Play Areas working group raffle at the carnival in June, mum Jess won the prize of free face painting with Fantastic Faces by Glyn.
She opted to redeem the prize at Sid’s third birthday party at home in Southdown and while he opted not to have his face painted, big sister Maggie, five, and friends were delighted to put themselves in Glyn Goodwin’s hands.
Jess said: “Her talent and speed is unbelievable and the children were chuffed to bits - she even inspired some of the adults to participate.
“It was a real treat for my son’s birthday and we were proud to have won something from donating to such a great cause.”
The working group, known as SPAWG, is a registered charity that is raising money for the completion of the Oakley Road play area in Harpenden before turning its attention to the Magna Close play area.
Anyone who would like to help SPAWG or make a donation should contact southdownplayareas.weebly.com or www.facebook.com/Southdownplayareas
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 8 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 9 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 10 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme