Face painting prize gives Harpenden party some extra pizzazz
- Credit: Archant
Dinosaurs, tigers and princesses made a birthday party extra special for little Sid Montgomery - thanks to Harpenden Carnival.
For after entering the Southdown Play Areas working group raffle at the carnival in June, mum Jess won the prize of free face painting with Fantastic Faces by Glyn.
She opted to redeem the prize at Sid’s third birthday party at home in Southdown and while he opted not to have his face painted, big sister Maggie, five, and friends were delighted to put themselves in Glyn Goodwin’s hands.
Jess said: “Her talent and speed is unbelievable and the children were chuffed to bits - she even inspired some of the adults to participate.
“It was a real treat for my son’s birthday and we were proud to have won something from donating to such a great cause.”
You may also want to watch:
The working group, known as SPAWG, is a registered charity that is raising money for the completion of the Oakley Road play area in Harpenden before turning its attention to the Magna Close play area.
Anyone who would like to help SPAWG or make a donation should contact southdownplayareas.weebly.com or www.facebook.com/Southdownplayareas
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 9 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
- 10 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app