FA charges Arsenal star Jack Wilshere of Harpenden with misconduct
- Credit: @JackWilshere/Twitter
Harpenden-based Arsenal star Jack Wilshere has been charged with misconduct in relation to the Gunners’ FA Cup celebrations at the weekend.
In a statement, the FA said that the midfielder has until 6pm next Wednesday, June 10, to respond to the charge.
It is alleged his conduct in making and or inciting comments during the club’s open bus trophy tour was improper and brought the game into disrepute.
This follows reports that Wilshere led an expletive anti-Tottenham chant with exuberant fans during FA Cup celebrations on Sunday.
The Gunners, who train in London Colney, won the competition for a record 12th time when they beat Aston Villa 4-0 at Wembley last Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
While Wilshere has since apologised to his 1.8 million followers on Twitter, some sports reporters and fans have been quick to defend the star, noting there was more offensive chanting at Wembley.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 6 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 7 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner