FA charges Arsenal star Jack Wilshere of Harpenden with misconduct
- Credit: @JackWilshere/Twitter
Harpenden-based Arsenal star Jack Wilshere has been charged with misconduct in relation to the Gunners’ FA Cup celebrations at the weekend.
In a statement, the FA said that the midfielder has until 6pm next Wednesday, June 10, to respond to the charge.
It is alleged his conduct in making and or inciting comments during the club’s open bus trophy tour was improper and brought the game into disrepute.
This follows reports that Wilshere led an expletive anti-Tottenham chant with exuberant fans during FA Cup celebrations on Sunday.
The Gunners, who train in London Colney, won the competition for a record 12th time when they beat Aston Villa 4-0 at Wembley last Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
While Wilshere has since apologised to his 1.8 million followers on Twitter, some sports reporters and fans have been quick to defend the star, noting there was more offensive chanting at Wembley.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season