Extinction Rebellion litter pick in St Albans to help tackle climate crisis
- Credit: Archant
Extinction Rebellion is holding a litter pick in St Albans this weekend to tackle antipathy about the environment.
The litter pick will take place along the Alban Way on Sunday, January 12, meeting at 1am outside Morrisons.
Any passersby are welcome to join in and become members of the group. Extinction Rebellion is also keen to hear about other areas in St Albans where litter is particularly bad, as they intend to hold litter picks regularly.
A spokesperson said: "The amount of litter on our streets is depressing, and understandably needs to apathy about our environment.
"By taking such small steps we hope to make St Albans that bit pleasanter. We also hope to recruit more members."
The group is also raising awareness of the wider climate catastrophe, due to scientific consensus that we only have nine years to stop 'runaway' climate change.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 4 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 6 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 9 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 10 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary