Extension opened at Redbourn care home
A CARE home, which specialises in looking after dementia suffers, can now provide for more residents following the completion of a new extension.
St Matthews Care Home in Redbourn, owned by B&M Care, unveiled the new building during a ceremony on Friday afternoon.
The work has created four new bedrooms, a lounge area and a conservatory to enable the home to cater for further residents and provide more space for them to relax or walk around.
A sensory garden has also been put in place to help stimulate the residents and provide safe, outdoor space.
The extension was formally opened by the home’s first resident, Peter Cowan, aged 88, in a ceremony attended by fellow St Matthews residents and their families. The ribbon cutting was followed by a champagne reception.
You may also want to watch:
Angela Hunt, business development manager at the home on Chequer Lane, said: “There is quite a demand for dementia beds in the area and we always have a huge waiting list.
“This new extension will not only provide more beds but also improve the quality of life for residents as there’s more choice in terms of where they can sit or walk around.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 10 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant