Exhibition reveals housing plans for city centre college site
AN EXHIBITION showcasing proposals for around 100 flats on the Oaklands city centre campus is being held today.
Residents and other interested parties are invited to comment on proposals to build a mix of private and affordable housing on the college site.
Hightown Praetorian and Churches Housing Association will host the exhibition from 3.30pm - 7.30pm in the refectory of the college’s main block in St Peters Road.
Various sketch schemes will be on show, detailing how the college buildings could be replaced by around 100 flats.
George Edkins, development director for Hightown, said: “There is a huge need for homes for local people in St Albans. There are a number of ways the site could be developed and we’d like to hear what people prefer, before we take any of these sketch schemes further. We want to listen to local people who may be concerned about traffic or parking or the street scene.”
You may also want to watch:
The scheme will be subject to the normal planning consultation process.
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 3 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 6 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 7 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 8 New rules are a further nail in the coffin for pubs
- 9 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 10 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier