Excellence award given to St Albans law firm
- Credit: Archant
Debenhams Ottaway wins Law Society accolade
St Albans law firm Debenhams Ottaway has won the prestigious Law Society Excellence Award 2015 for their private client work.
The recent awards, which took place at London’s Hilton Park Lane, celebrate leading teams and individuals in the legal profession.
The judges said they were impressed with Debenhams Ottaway’s dedication to client service; with 90 per cent of their work coming from returning clients and recommendations.
The team regularly makes sure clients and the local community are aware of key issues and how to get help, through various initiatives including features on a local radio chat show, free drop in sessions and articles in the Herts Advertiser.
They also have a strong focus on significant issues, providing legal protection to vulnerable adults.
Organised by the Law Society, the representative body for solicitors in England and Wales, and presented by the BBC’s Mishal Husain, the awards are a highlight of the legal calendar.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Herts Ad Sunday League mourns passing of two local legends
- 3 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 4 Major development planned for centre of St Albans
- 5 Blue Plaque commemorating life of Duchess of Marlborough
- 6 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire village of Bricket Wood between St Albans and Watford
- 7 Park drama as theatre director and café staff tackle tree fire
- 8 Investigation over unauthorised development on Green Belt site
- 9 Little Women 'generating a big response at Roman Theatre – and rightly so'
- 10 Big Brother House set to return to Hertfordshire for 2023 reboot show
Susan Glenholme, private client partner at Debenhams Ottaway said: “Winning the Excellence in Private Client Practice award is a fantastic achievement for us and is great recognition from the Law Society, such a highly respected organisation within our industry.
“Our hard working team put a huge amount of energy and imagination into helping clients make life go the way they want it to.”