Ex-Spurs star Chivers supports London Colney pub’s charity match
FORMER Spurs and England legend Martin Chivers added his support to a London Colney pub’s charity event, which saw it raise over �2,000.
The White Horse on the High Street donated a trophy for a fundraising football match, which was presented to the winning side by Martin.
Over 200 supporters came to see the match and then followed on to the pub where there was a raffle of top prizes.
Simon Niemiec of the White Horse said: “Everyone was very impressed by the amount raised and we hope to make this an annual event which can go on to raise even more money for these two wonderful charities.
“We really want to thank everyone involved, including all the local businesses, that contributed to the day.”
You may also want to watch:
�2,055 was raised and will be split with �1,027.50 going to Mount Vernon Cancer Research and the same towards the Cerebral Palsy Association.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 7 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 8 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 9 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire