Ex-Spurs star Chivers supports London Colney pub’s charity match
FORMER Spurs and England legend Martin Chivers added his support to a London Colney pub’s charity event, which saw it raise over �2,000.
The White Horse on the High Street donated a trophy for a fundraising football match, which was presented to the winning side by Martin.
Over 200 supporters came to see the match and then followed on to the pub where there was a raffle of top prizes.
Simon Niemiec of the White Horse said: “Everyone was very impressed by the amount raised and we hope to make this an annual event which can go on to raise even more money for these two wonderful charities.
“We really want to thank everyone involved, including all the local businesses, that contributed to the day.”
You may also want to watch:
�2,055 was raised and will be split with �1,027.50 going to Mount Vernon Cancer Research and the same towards the Cerebral Palsy Association.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 8 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 A New York state of mind