Everyone invited to St Albans city centre charity treasure hunt
- Credit: Archant
Would-be explorers, detectives and treasure hunters have a chance to shine this summer in St Albans.
Everyone is invited to join in with a family fun day of searching for clues around the city’s hotspots - teams will be pitted against each other, answering questions and collecting photos to earn points.
The organised game, called The Ultimate OLLIE Challenge, utilises smart phones and tablets to make it interactive and is raising money for St Albans suicide charity The OLLIE Foundation (One Life Lost Is Enough).
A co-founder of OLLIE, Stuart Falconer, said: “The treasure hunt is a fun filled activity full of challenges for all the family. Run around St Albans and unlock challenges and tasks, earning yourself points in the process.
“And of course, what do points make? Prizes.
You may also want to watch:
“So come and join us and help The OLLIE Foundation continue to remove the stigma of suicide in our communities.”
The treasure hunt will start at the Ye Olde Fighting Cocks on Abbey Mill lane at 12pm on September 10.
Adult tickets are £10, or children’s tickets are £5 - click here to book.Sponsors are still being sought for the hotspots around the city. For more information, contact Stuart at email@example.com
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team