Everyone invited to St Albans charity race night
- Credit: Archant
Lucky punters are invited to a charity race night in aid of vital church maintenance.
Competitors can bet on films of obscure historical horse races - it is hoped enough money is raised for repairs to St Leonard’s Church in Sandridge.
Congregation member Clyde Martindill encouraged people to join in: “It is a very old church and in constant need of upkeep - we are trying to raise money to repair some of the windows.
“These events are usually a good bit of fun, people usually cheer for who they want to win.”
He described the funds as “hugely important” to the church.
You may also want to watch:
Entry is £5 and includes a fish and chip supper. It will take place at Sandridge School on November 11, doors at 6.30pm.
Tickets are available on the door, by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or from Darby’s Village Stores in Sandridge.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'