Everyone invited to St Albans charity race night
- Credit: Archant
Lucky punters are invited to a charity race night in aid of vital church maintenance.
Competitors can bet on films of obscure historical horse races - it is hoped enough money is raised for repairs to St Leonard’s Church in Sandridge.
Congregation member Clyde Martindill encouraged people to join in: “It is a very old church and in constant need of upkeep - we are trying to raise money to repair some of the windows.
“These events are usually a good bit of fun, people usually cheer for who they want to win.”
He described the funds as “hugely important” to the church.
You may also want to watch:
Entry is £5 and includes a fish and chip supper. It will take place at Sandridge School on November 11, doors at 6.30pm.
Tickets are available on the door, by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or from Darby’s Village Stores in Sandridge.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 4 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans