Esther Rantzen visits St Albans nursing home
- Credit: Archant
VETERAN television presenter Esther Rantzen spent an afternoon chatting with residents at Verulam House nursing home in St Albans last week.
The ChildLine founder and That’s Life presenter gave a talk to residents and their relatives about her services to broadcasting and children, for which she has received an OBE and CBE respectively.
Peter Jackson, chairman of Verulam House on Verulam Road, said Esther spoke about her new role as Chair of SilverLine, a service for the elderly.
He added: “Her talk was humorous and extremely interesting for our residents and in the afternoon she visited many residents in their rooms for an informal chat.”
Resident Joyce Wells said: “I was so impressed by her caring for both the young and the elderly.
You may also want to watch:
“We very much enjoyed her talk; we only wish it could have been for longer. She also made time to look around the home and talked with the residents.”
Resident Violet Winter said the day was memorable and fellow resident Iris Hill added: “She is a marvellous person and very entertaining.”
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 9 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space