Enjoy a night at the races and help St Albans charity
A GUILT-FREE night at the races is planned for Friday September 10 to raise cash for a St Albans charity.
The fundraising event will show horse races on big screens and guests can place bets from just �1 and tuck into a fish and chip supper. Winners will scoop up fantastic cash prizes and a percentage of bets will go to the Willow Foundation. The charity, set up by former Arsenal and Scotland goalkeeper, Bob Wilson and his wife, Megs, funds days out for young people who live with life-threatening conditions.
Mr Wilson urged people to come along and enjoy the event. He said: “This year alone the Willow Foundation needs to raise enough money to fund 1,400 special days and every penny raised on the night will help to make this possible.”
To date the Willow Foundation has provided more than 6,500 days to people living with cancer, cystic fibrosis, motor neurone disease and other conditions.
The race night will be held at Woollams Pavilion on Harpenden Road in St Albans. Tickets cost �12.50 and include supper. They can be purchased via email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01707 259777. Doors open at 7.30pm and the first race is at 8pm.
For more information about the Willow Foundation, visit www.willowfoundation.org.uk
- 1 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 4 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 5 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 6 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 After another near miss, crossing desperately needed outside St Albans school
- 9 St Albans' Rachel Andrews stars alongside James Nesbitt and Eddie Izzard in new Netflix series Stay Close
- 10 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products