Enjoy a night at the races and help St Albans charity
A GUILT-FREE night at the races is planned for Friday September 10 to raise cash for a St Albans charity.
The fundraising event will show horse races on big screens and guests can place bets from just �1 and tuck into a fish and chip supper. Winners will scoop up fantastic cash prizes and a percentage of bets will go to the Willow Foundation. The charity, set up by former Arsenal and Scotland goalkeeper, Bob Wilson and his wife, Megs, funds days out for young people who live with life-threatening conditions.
Mr Wilson urged people to come along and enjoy the event. He said: “This year alone the Willow Foundation needs to raise enough money to fund 1,400 special days and every penny raised on the night will help to make this possible.”
To date the Willow Foundation has provided more than 6,500 days to people living with cancer, cystic fibrosis, motor neurone disease and other conditions.
The race night will be held at Woollams Pavilion on Harpenden Road in St Albans. Tickets cost �12.50 and include supper. They can be purchased via email email@example.com or telephone 01707 259777. Doors open at 7.30pm and the first race is at 8pm.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the Willow Foundation, visit www.willowfoundation.org.uk
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Charity founder cancels Channel swim after suffering long Covid