England squad train at London Colney ahead of Montenegro match
- Credit: The FA via Getty Images
The England football team has been training at London Colney ahead of its game against Montenegro.
However yesterday (Thursday) afternoon’s session caused problems for midfielder Tom Cleverley, who has since been ruled out of the Montenegro and Poland games after an injury.
He complained of a sore calf following training and had a scan later in the day.
After receiving the scan results, the England medical team confirmed the 24-year-old would miss the upcoming two matches - England’s two World Cup qualifiers - and he has returned to his club, Manchester United, for further treatment.
Roy Hodgson has admitted that he has had a tough job of selecting a starting line-up for tonight’s qualifier.
You may also want to watch:
The England manager has the eleven names “in his mind”, but said he must speak to the players before announcing who will begin the game at Wembley Stadium.
He said: “I’ve had to give it some serious thought but I now have my team in my head. I won’t tell the team that until I’ve had chance to speak to individual players.”
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 7 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 10 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
Roy added: “We are England, we have good players and I believe they will deliver.”
• England V Montenegro, World Cup qualifier, Wembley Stadium, kick-off tonight at 8pm