England squad train at London Colney ahead of Montenegro match
- Credit: The FA via Getty Images
The England football team has been training at London Colney ahead of its game against Montenegro.
However yesterday (Thursday) afternoon’s session caused problems for midfielder Tom Cleverley, who has since been ruled out of the Montenegro and Poland games after an injury.
He complained of a sore calf following training and had a scan later in the day.
After receiving the scan results, the England medical team confirmed the 24-year-old would miss the upcoming two matches - England’s two World Cup qualifiers - and he has returned to his club, Manchester United, for further treatment.
Roy Hodgson has admitted that he has had a tough job of selecting a starting line-up for tonight’s qualifier.
You may also want to watch:
The England manager has the eleven names “in his mind”, but said he must speak to the players before announcing who will begin the game at Wembley Stadium.
He said: “I’ve had to give it some serious thought but I now have my team in my head. I won’t tell the team that until I’ve had chance to speak to individual players.”
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 7 Shortages crisis hits district
- 8 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 9 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
Roy added: “We are England, we have good players and I believe they will deliver.”
• England V Montenegro, World Cup qualifier, Wembley Stadium, kick-off tonight at 8pm