Gas leak under road near Redbourn
- Credit: Archant
Engineers are fixing a gas leak under a busy road near Redbourn.
At about 10.30pm yesterday, gas supplier Cadent sent out workers to fix a problem under Redbourn Lane, between Redbourn and Harpenden.
Temporary traffic lights have been put up while the leak is plugged and fixed.
A spokesperson stressed that the situation is under control and safe.
A Facebook announcement said: “We know this is a busy road and it’s going to cause disruption, but hope you understand this is necessary and essential work to keep everyone safe.
You may also want to watch:
“We will get this fixed as quickly as we can.”
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 9 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 10 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game