Emily hoping for her TV show chance
AN INDIAN summer could be in store for an 11-year-old girl who beat off stiff competition to make it through to the final round of auditions for a TV show. Emily Fox, from Harpenden High Street, was one of 60 finalists whittled down from around 1,500 entr
AN INDIAN summer could be in store for an 11-year-old girl who beat off stiff competition to make it through to the final round of auditions for a TV show.
Emily Fox, from Harpenden High Street, was one of 60 finalists whittled down from around 1,500 entrants competing for a place on the CBBC game show Raven.
The St George's School pupil was flown to Scotland for a weekend of testing challenges and she will find out within the next few days whether she will be awarded one of 20 places.
The filming for Raven normally takes place in a medieval setting in Scotland but, if she is successful, Emily will be travelling to India during the summer holidays for a special edition of the show.
You may also want to watch:
The production has children aged 11 to 13 divided up into teams which have to compete in a mixture of physical and mental challenges.
Emily is no stranger to physical endurance - she is sports captain for her year and is involved in a range of sports including cross-country, athletics and netball.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 4 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans