Emilia Fox in St Albans to film Silent Witness
- Credit: Archant
AWARD-winning actress Emilia Fox joined David Caves as one of St Albans’ most historic streets was turned into a crime scene today (Thursday) for filming of thriller series Silent Witness.
Acting as forensic experts in the popular BBC series which attracts over seven million viewers in the UK, the pair were being filmed at the bottom of Fishpool Street, near St Michael’s Manor Hotel.
The scene involved armed police and an ambulance.
Diana Sailor-Allen, who lives on Fishpool Street, said it was “very unusual” to see the road turned into a film set.
The Silent Witness fan added: “It’s quite nice, and they have picked a great day weather-wise. The residents got loads of notice about the filming.
You may also want to watch:
“And they should encourage more filming on this street as it is such a nice road, and full of character.”
There were about 80 people on the set, with passersby stopping to watch the drama unfold asked to “keep it quiet” during filming of the action-packed scene.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 10 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
More information will be published in next Thursday’s Herts Advertiser.