Emilia Fox in St Albans to film Silent Witness
- Credit: Archant
AWARD-winning actress Emilia Fox joined David Caves as one of St Albans’ most historic streets was turned into a crime scene today (Thursday) for filming of thriller series Silent Witness.
Acting as forensic experts in the popular BBC series which attracts over seven million viewers in the UK, the pair were being filmed at the bottom of Fishpool Street, near St Michael’s Manor Hotel.
The scene involved armed police and an ambulance.
Diana Sailor-Allen, who lives on Fishpool Street, said it was “very unusual” to see the road turned into a film set.
The Silent Witness fan added: “It’s quite nice, and they have picked a great day weather-wise. The residents got loads of notice about the filming.
“And they should encourage more filming on this street as it is such a nice road, and full of character.”
There were about 80 people on the set, with passersby stopping to watch the drama unfold asked to “keep it quiet” during filming of the action-packed scene.
- 1 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 2 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 3 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 4 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 5 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 6 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 7 Success for Harpenden actor after National Youth Theatre audition
- 8 St Albans SustFest events aim to boost local nature
- 9 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
- 10 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
More information will be published in next Thursday’s Herts Advertiser.