Emilia Fox in St Albans to film Silent Witness
- Credit: Archant
AWARD-winning actress Emilia Fox joined David Caves as one of St Albans’ most historic streets was turned into a crime scene today (Thursday) for filming of thriller series Silent Witness.
Acting as forensic experts in the popular BBC series which attracts over seven million viewers in the UK, the pair were being filmed at the bottom of Fishpool Street, near St Michael’s Manor Hotel.
The scene involved armed police and an ambulance.
Diana Sailor-Allen, who lives on Fishpool Street, said it was “very unusual” to see the road turned into a film set.
The Silent Witness fan added: “It’s quite nice, and they have picked a great day weather-wise. The residents got loads of notice about the filming.
You may also want to watch:
“And they should encourage more filming on this street as it is such a nice road, and full of character.”
There were about 80 people on the set, with passersby stopping to watch the drama unfold asked to “keep it quiet” during filming of the action-packed scene.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 4 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 5 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 6 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 7 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 8 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 9 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
- 10 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
More information will be published in next Thursday’s Herts Advertiser.