Emergency services busy dealing with incidents in St Albans
- Credit: Cambs Fire & Rescue Service
Emergency services have been busy throughout the night working to clear up incidents in St Albans and beyond.
St Albans and Hatfield firefighting crews were called to Dragon Road in Hatfield to deal with a kitchen fire at about 1am this morning (August 24).
In a separate incident, Welwyn Garden City crews rushed to extinguish a car fire in Gypsy Lane at about 11.20pm last night (August 23).
Hosereels were used to put out both blazes.
On the roads yesterday, it was a commuter nightmare as cars became stuck before junctions 26 and 27 on the M25, close to Potters Bar - it was blocked both ways following a serious crash between a car and an HGV in the late afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
For some time, there was no access to the A10 south.
Essex Police and fire service attended the scene, and the traffic aftermath was still being felt hours afterwards.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 6 Shortages crisis hits district
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 9 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book