Emergency services busy dealing with incidents in St Albans
- Credit: Cambs Fire & Rescue Service
Emergency services have been busy throughout the night working to clear up incidents in St Albans and beyond.
St Albans and Hatfield firefighting crews were called to Dragon Road in Hatfield to deal with a kitchen fire at about 1am this morning (August 24).
In a separate incident, Welwyn Garden City crews rushed to extinguish a car fire in Gypsy Lane at about 11.20pm last night (August 23).
Hosereels were used to put out both blazes.
On the roads yesterday, it was a commuter nightmare as cars became stuck before junctions 26 and 27 on the M25, close to Potters Bar - it was blocked both ways following a serious crash between a car and an HGV in the late afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
For some time, there was no access to the A10 south.
Essex Police and fire service attended the scene, and the traffic aftermath was still being felt hours afterwards.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 3 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 7 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 8 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 9 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space