Because you gotta have faith! Christian broadcaster is back
- Credit: Archant
Local Christian broadcaster Elspeth Jackman is back with a new weekly show just a few months after being sacked by a community radio station.
‘One-To-One With Elspeth’ started on Monday as part of The St Albans Podcast, and each week she chats to interesting local characters about all things, including faith.
Elspeth said: “I am delighted to be back with a brand-new show on The St Albans Podcast. When my old radio show ended after almost 12 years, I honestly thought that was the end of my broadcasting career.
“Having recently purchased some new equipment for my home studio, I couldn’t understand why God had led me to do that, only for my broadcasting opportunity to be taken away so suddenly. I firmly believe this is part of God’s plan for me and am relishing the opportunity to broadcast on a new platform.”
St Albans Podcast founder Danny Smith added: “It is great that Elspeth has agreed to produce a weekly show for the St Albans Podcast. She has been a firm fixture of our local airwaves for so many years and I am thrilled we are able to offer her an opportunity to continue broadcasting.
“Everyone in St Albans knows Elspeth – she has taught music locally for so many years and has interviewed a vast array of local figures on her previous show. She is a real character from our community and her show will delight her old listeners and, hopefully, find her a new audience as well.
Elspeth’s previous Sunday show was axed in a row over whether it should include content from other faiths, prompting a huge outcry from local Christians.
- 1 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 2 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 4 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 5 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 8 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 9 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
- 10 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
In addition to One-To-One With Elspeth, another show also launched last week: ‘The St Albans Film Guide with Simon Carver’.
Along with main podcast host Danny Smith, Simon looks at the UK movie box office top 10, the new releases available at our local cinemas, and Simon recommends his choice of films to watch on free-to-air TV for the forthcoming week. By day, Simon is the senior minister at Dagnall Street Baptist Church and also reviews films for Premier Radio, based in London. Simon and Danny previously hosted a film show together for over 10 years.
New episodes of Elspeth’s show will be available on Monday mornings from 9am on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, TuneIn and all major podcasting platforms.
For more information and to subscribe, check out the website www.stalbanspodcast.com