Ella's badge design is top for St Albans
THERE are smiles all round for Ella Cassidy, whose design has won the St Albans East District Guides badge competition. Nine-year-old Ella s badge will now be worn by all guides, brownies and rainbows in the East District area. The competition was held
THERE are smiles all round for Ella Cassidy, whose design has won the St Albans East District Guides' badge competition.
Nine-year-old Ella's badge will now be worn by all guides, brownies and rainbows in the East District area.
The competition was held to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the East District Guides and included hundreds of different designs from across the area.
"Three winners were picked; one each from the brownies, the guides and rainbows and then an overall winner was picked, and that was Ella," said a very proud Rebecca Cassidy, Ella's mum.
You may also want to watch:
(Left) Ella Cassidy with her award-winning badge design, which will now be worn by all levels of guides in the St Albans East District.
Photo by Casey Gutteridge, CPG_5274
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital