Ella's badge design is top for St Albans
THERE are smiles all round for Ella Cassidy, whose design has won the St Albans East District Guides badge competition. Nine-year-old Ella s badge will now be worn by all guides, brownies and rainbows in the East District area. The competition was held
THERE are smiles all round for Ella Cassidy, whose design has won the St Albans East District Guides' badge competition.
Nine-year-old Ella's badge will now be worn by all guides, brownies and rainbows in the East District area.
The competition was held to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the East District Guides and included hundreds of different designs from across the area.
"Three winners were picked; one each from the brownies, the guides and rainbows and then an overall winner was picked, and that was Ella," said a very proud Rebecca Cassidy, Ella's mum.
You may also want to watch:
(Left) Ella Cassidy with her award-winning badge design, which will now be worn by all levels of guides in the St Albans East District.
Photo by Casey Gutteridge, CPG_5274
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 9 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 10 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge