Ella's badge design is top for St Albans
THERE are smiles all round for Ella Cassidy, whose design has won the St Albans East District Guides badge competition. Nine-year-old Ella s badge will now be worn by all guides, brownies and rainbows in the East District area. The competition was held
THERE are smiles all round for Ella Cassidy, whose design has won the St Albans East District Guides' badge competition.
Nine-year-old Ella's badge will now be worn by all guides, brownies and rainbows in the East District area.
The competition was held to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the East District Guides and included hundreds of different designs from across the area.
"Three winners were picked; one each from the brownies, the guides and rainbows and then an overall winner was picked, and that was Ella," said a very proud Rebecca Cassidy, Ella's mum.
(Left) Ella Cassidy with her award-winning badge design, which will now be worn by all levels of guides in the St Albans East District.
Photo by Casey Gutteridge, CPG_5274
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 7 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 10 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead