St Albans Boots team win fundraising award
- Credit: Archant
A team of Boots beauty experts has won an award for their charity fundraising.
Elizabeth Arden staff at Boots received the Team of the Year accolade from the beauty company for their sales, customer service and charity events held throughout 2017.
Throughout 2017, the team supported local charities such as SABN (St Albans Bereavement Network), Rennie Grove Hospice, The Crescent, Graham Hughes syndrome, community responders and Radio Verulam.
The team raised £2,000 in total from raffle sales.
Elizabeth Arden account manager Wendy Seabrook has been fundraising for local charities in the store with her teams for more than 20 years, and has raised nearly £70,000.
Wendy herself was awarded the title of Boots community champion of the year from the chemists for the fourth year running, after being nominated by Boots store manager Yasmin Muqith.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt