Elemental summer actvities at St Albans Abbey
THE FOUR elements are at the heart of a series of free summer activities for children at St Albans Abbey this month.
They start today (Thursday) with Up, Up and Away which focuses on air followed next Thursday, August 11, with The Fiery Furnace (fire), Water Water Everywhere (water) on August 18 and Down to Earth (earth) on August 25.
The themed Discovery Mornings are being held from 10.30am to 12.30pm every Thursday during August and offer the children and parents a trail around the building before finishing with a related craft activity.
The sessions are suitable for children aged three to 11 with the promise that there will be plenty to find out about too.
Visitors can also join one of the Family Trails with the Cathedral Guides which are held at 11am and 2pm weekdays throughout the holidays.
You may also want to watch:
Canon Kevin Walton said: “Children always have a great time exploring the nooks and crannies of this ancient building and learning about St Alban who gave the city its name.”
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Mouth of the Tyne: St Albans City don't do lower league opposition but keep bringing them on
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Revealed: The most popular places in Hertfordshire to move to