Elemental summer actvities at St Albans Abbey
THE FOUR elements are at the heart of a series of free summer activities for children at St Albans Abbey this month.
They start today (Thursday) with Up, Up and Away which focuses on air followed next Thursday, August 11, with The Fiery Furnace (fire), Water Water Everywhere (water) on August 18 and Down to Earth (earth) on August 25.
The themed Discovery Mornings are being held from 10.30am to 12.30pm every Thursday during August and offer the children and parents a trail around the building before finishing with a related craft activity.
The sessions are suitable for children aged three to 11 with the promise that there will be plenty to find out about too.
Visitors can also join one of the Family Trails with the Cathedral Guides which are held at 11am and 2pm weekdays throughout the holidays.
You may also want to watch:
Canon Kevin Walton said: “Children always have a great time exploring the nooks and crannies of this ancient building and learning about St Alban who gave the city its name.”
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 7 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 8 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 9 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 10 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?