Electrical fire in Harpenden

The fire was extinguished (stock photo)

The fire was extinguished (stock photo) - Credit: Archant

Several fire crews attended the scene of an electrical fire which broke out in a Harpenden shop this morning (Friday).

A spokeswoman for Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service said that firefighters from St Albans, Markyate and Hatfield attended the call to a business in Bower’s Parade - opposite Billy’s Bar and Restaurant - at 9.46am.

She said that dry powder was used to extinguish the small electrical fire, which was being treated as an accidental incident, behind the shop front.

It was fully extinguished by 10.12am.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus