Electrical fire in Harpenden

PUBLISHED: 12:37 30 December 2016 | UPDATED: 13:30 30 December 2016

The fire was extinguished (stock photo)

The fire was extinguished (stock photo)

Archant

Several fire crews attended the scene of an electrical fire which broke out in a Harpenden shop this morning (Friday).

A spokeswoman for Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service said that firefighters from St Albans, Markyate and Hatfield attended the call to a business in Bower’s Parade - opposite Billy’s Bar and Restaurant - at 9.46am.

She said that dry powder was used to extinguish the small electrical fire, which was being treated as an accidental incident, behind the shop front.

It was fully extinguished by 10.12am.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Herts Advertiser. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Herts Advertiser