Electric Bike Day in Verulamium Park is a success
- Credit: Archant
Cyclists joined together this weekend to mark Electric Bike Day in Verulamium Park.
People enjoying the sunshine around the lake on Sunday were invited to have a go on electric bikes - which are fitted with a motor to help with propulsion.
The event was organised by Transition St Albans and supported by St Albans Cycle Campaign (SACC), to publicise the next Sustainable St Albans Week - which will take place in 2018.
A 77-year-old cyclist, who tried one of the bikes, said: “Living in St Albans it’s difficult to avoid the hills, and whilst I am still able to cycle up most of the hills there might well come a time when an electrical bicycle could make this so much easier.”
SACC are urging residents to cycle more often and create a balanced transport system, and to support St Albans district council in managing that network.
You may also want to watch:
The group also had a stall on St Albans market on June 10 in aid of Bike Week, promoting cycling in the district and publicising local rides.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans