Elderly woman treated for smoke inhalation after fire at her flat

PUBLISHED: 13:55 23 June 2008 | UPDATED: 13:22 06 May 2010

AN ELDERLY woman had to be treated for smoke inhalation after the contents of an ashtray caught alight in her flat over the weekend. Firefighters were called to Fosse House in Ermine Close, St Albans, at around 11.30pm on Saturday night to find the blaze

AN ELDERLY woman had to be treated for smoke inhalation after the contents of an ashtray caught alight in her flat over the weekend.

Firefighters were called to Fosse House in Ermine Close, St Albans, at around 11.30pm on Saturday night to find the blaze was already out.

It is believed that the elderly occupant had passed out due to the large amount of smoke the fire created and before being found by carers at the home who gave her oxygen before the emergency services arrived.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Herts Advertiser

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists