Elderly woman treated for smoke inhalation after fire at her flat

AN ELDERLY woman had to be treated for smoke inhalation after the contents of an ashtray caught alight in her flat over the weekend. Firefighters were called to Fosse House in Ermine Close, St Albans, at around 11.30pm on Saturday night to find the blaze

AN ELDERLY woman had to be treated for smoke inhalation after the contents of an ashtray caught alight in her flat over the weekend.

Firefighters were called to Fosse House in Ermine Close, St Albans, at around 11.30pm on Saturday night to find the blaze was already out.

It is believed that the elderly occupant had passed out due to the large amount of smoke the fire created and before being found by carers at the home who gave her oxygen before the emergency services arrived.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter