Elderly Woman Saved By St Albans Firefighters

PUBLISHED: 15:17 11 January 2010 | UPDATED: 14:50 06 May 2010

AN elderly woman was rescued by firefighters when her flat started to fill with smoke on Friday evening. The woman, who was confined to a wheelchair, was unable to escape from her flat in Hillside Road, St Albans, after smoke started to fill the kitchen.

AN elderly woman was rescued by firefighters when her flat started to fill with smoke on Friday evening.

The woman, who was confined to a wheelchair, was unable to escape from her flat in Hillside Road, St Albans, after smoke started to fill the kitchen.

Fire crews from St Albans fire station got her out safely before she received first aid at the scene. The fire had not taken hold and the crews quickly dealt with the incident.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Herts Advertiser. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Herts Advertiser