Elderly pedestrian hospitalised following collision in Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
An elderly woman has been hospitalised after she was involved in a collision this morning (Monday).
The woman, said to be in her 70s, was walking when she was involved in the incident on Southdown Road, Harpenden at about 10.45.
She was crossing the road at a zebra crossing when she was hit by a slow moving Aston Martin car. The driver stopped at the scene and gave the woman first aid.
She sustained a suspected rib fracture and was taken to Luton and Dunstable hospital in a stable condition.
The road was closed at the junctions with Walkers Road and Piggottshill Lane. The closures were lifted just before 11.40am.
You may also want to watch:
Neither her condition or injuries are believed to be life-threatening.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly