Elderly pedestrian hospitalised following collision in Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
An elderly woman has been hospitalised after she was involved in a collision this morning (Monday).
The woman, said to be in her 70s, was walking when she was involved in the incident on Southdown Road, Harpenden at about 10.45.
She was crossing the road at a zebra crossing when she was hit by a slow moving Aston Martin car. The driver stopped at the scene and gave the woman first aid.
She sustained a suspected rib fracture and was taken to Luton and Dunstable hospital in a stable condition.
The road was closed at the junctions with Walkers Road and Piggottshill Lane. The closures were lifted just before 11.40am.
Neither her condition or injuries are believed to be life-threatening.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 4 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 7 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival