Elderly pedestrian hospitalised following collision in Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
An elderly woman has been hospitalised after she was involved in a collision this morning (Monday).
The woman, said to be in her 70s, was walking when she was involved in the incident on Southdown Road, Harpenden at about 10.45.
She was crossing the road at a zebra crossing when she was hit by a slow moving Aston Martin car. The driver stopped at the scene and gave the woman first aid.
She sustained a suspected rib fracture and was taken to Luton and Dunstable hospital in a stable condition.
The road was closed at the junctions with Walkers Road and Piggottshill Lane. The closures were lifted just before 11.40am.
You may also want to watch:
Neither her condition or injuries are believed to be life-threatening.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden